The Benefits of Outdura Outdoor Fabrics
- 100% Solution-dyed Acrylic Fabric
- Fade Resistant
- Stain & Water Resistant
- Mold & Mildew Resistant
- Easy to Clean (bleach cleanable)
- High in Abrasion
- 100% made in the USA (Hudson, NC)
Solution-Dyed Acrylic Fabrics (SDA)
The quality of the fiber used to make a fabric is crucial in terms of fading resistance. Our fabrics are made from 100% solution-dyed branded acrylic. This means that the color pigments go all the way into the fiber (similar to the carrot shown on the right), not just on the surface of the fiber (like you see with cucumber). This gives the fabrics a superior color fastness and makes the colors shine for a longer period of time.
- Outdura fabrics resist fading and remain colorfast after sun and weather exposure exceding 1,500 testing hours.
- Outdura fabrics stands up well to surface wear (or rubbing against another fabric during normal day to day use) with up to 60,000 double rubs on the Wyzenbeek abrasion test scale.
- Ourdura fabric’s water repellent finish makes it water resistant, scoring 90 of 100 on the strict AATCC spray test.
Outdura is located in Hudson, North Carolina, an area with a proud textile heritage dating back to the early 1900’s. The Outdura brand was launched in the late 1990’s, and quickly became a trusted supplier in the solution dyed acrylic performance fabric category. Offering the latest in colors and original designs for today’s lifestyles, Outdura fabrics boast a strong performance record that withstands the harshest climates worldwide.
Unlike so many of today‘s textile products, every yard of Outdura performance fabric is woven in the USA. Outdura is a proud member of the Sattler AG family of companies. Headquartered in Graz, Austria, Sattler AG is a fifth generation family owned company with a proud tradition dating back to 1875. Sattler AG is the leading European performance textile manufacturer of solution dyed acrylic fabric that together with Outdura provides customers worldwide high quality fabric.